Even if you’re not a “techy” person, you’ve likely heard of people having issues with their recliners staying in the reclined position. It turns out this is a common issue, and there are ways to fix it.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what might be causing your recliner to not stay in the reclined position as well as some possible solutions.
So, whether your recliner is new or old, hopefully this post can help!
Common Causes Why Recliners Won’t Stay Reclined
There are a few reasons why your recliner might not stay in the reclined position.
- Most common reason is that the backrest and footrest are not properly aligned. This can be easily fixed by simply realigning them.
- Another common cause is that the lock mechanism is not engaged. Most recliners have a lever or switch that needs to be turned on for the chair to stay in the reclined position.
- A less common cause is that the springs in the chair may be worn out. This is more likely to happen in an older recliner, but it can happen in a new one as well.
- Also, if you have a power recliner, the battery may be dead or low.
- Finally, if your recliner has an electric motor, it is possible that the motor is not working properly. This is usually a more serious issue and will need to be fixed by a professional.
What to do if your recliner won’t stay reclined?
If your recliner won’t stay reclined, there are a few things you can do:
- Check the mechanism to see if anything is blocking it from moving freely.
- Lubricate the moving parts with light oil.
- Tighten any loose screws or bolts.
- If the recliner has a lever, make sure it is in the correct position.
- If the recliner has a knob, make sure it is turned to the correct setting.
- Contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Hopefully, this blog post has helped you troubleshoot the issue with your recliner! And you clearly understand now if your recliner won’t stay in the reclined position, there are a few possible causes and solutions.
How to fix a recliner that’s not staying in the reclined position?
If your recliner is not staying in the reclined position, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
First, check to make sure that the recliner is locked in the reclined position. If it is not, simply lock it in place by pushing down on the lever or knob.
If the recliner is still not staying in the reclined position, you may need to adjust the tension knob. To do this, locate the tension adjustment knob or lever and turn it until the recliner stays in place.
If you are still having trouble, contact a professional for assistance.
Also Read: Are Recliners Good For Your Back?
FAQs – Recliner Staying Problem
How do I reset my recliner?
There are a few ways that you can reset your recliner. One way is to unplug the recliner from the wall outlet and then plug it back in.
Another way is to flip the breaker switch for the recliner off and then back on. If neither of these methods works, you may need to call a professional to reset the recliner for you.
How do you adjust the tension on a recliner?
To adjust the tension on a recliner, you will need to locate the knob or lever that controls the tension. This is usually located near the base of the chair.
Once you have found the tension control, you can turn it clockwise to increase the tension or counterclockwise to decrease the tension. If your recliner does not have tension control, you may need to adjust the springs instead. For more information, please see your recliner’s instruction manual.
How do you fix a recliner sofa mechanism?
There are a few things you can do to fix a recliner sofa mechanism.
- First, check to see if the recliner is locked in the closed position. If it is, simply unlock it by pressing the release button.
- Second, make sure that the sofa is not too close to the wall. The mechanism may be having trouble opening if the sofa is too close to the wall.
- Finally, check to see if the mechanism is dirty or jammed. If it is, simply clean it or lubricate it with light oil.
Can I manually recline a power recliner?
In most cases, yes. There is usually a switch or lever on the side of the chair that will allow you to recline the chair back manually. However, some power recliners may have a feature that locks the chair in the upright position, which would prevent you from reclining it manually.
If your power recliner has this feature, you would need to consult your owner’s manual to determine how to disable it before attempting to recline the chair manually.
Related Article: How To Move Recliners By Yourself?
Why has my reclining chair stopped working?
There are a few reasons why your reclining chair may have stopped working. The most common reason is that the chair’s mechanism may have become stuck or jammed.
Another possibility is that the power source (usually a battery) may have run out of juice. Lastly, it’s possible that one of the chair’s key components, such as the motor, may have failed.
If you’re having trouble with your recliner staying in the reclined position, there are a few things we explain in the above section that you can try to fix the issue.
Most recliners have a locking mechanism to keep them in place once it’s reclined, so be sure to check that first. If the problem persists, you may need to adjust the tension or springs on the recliner.
With these solutions, you can easily fix your recliner at home. However, if the problem persists, we recommend contacting a professional for assistance.
About The Author
Dr. Patricia is a healthcare consultant and a Chiropractors at the American health association department. She loves writing about physical therapy & health improvement tips. And She always suggest top rated products for better health ergonomics.