As you know, recliners are extremely comfortable pieces of furniture. They’re perfect for taking a quick nap or kicking back and relaxing after a long day.
However, one common problem with recliners is that they can be easy to unlock unintentionally. Many people have this problem, but there is a solution.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to lock a rocking recliner so it stays in place. Read on for more information!
Rocking Recliner Locking Mechanism & How To Stop Recliner From Rocking?
There are two different types of locking mechanisms on recliner chairs: Button or a Lever.
- Button: A button is typically located on the side of the chair near the handle.
- Lever: A lever is usually located under the seat cushion.
- Sit in the chair and recline back until you’re in the desired position.
- Locate the button on the side of the chair near the handle.
- Push the button to lock the chair in place.
- To unlock the chair, simply push the button again.
If your recliner has a lever locking mechanism, follow these steps:
- Sit in the chair and recline.
- Locate the lever under the seat cushion.
- Pull up the lever to lock the chair in place.
- To unlock the chair, simply push down the lever.
That’s all there is to it!
By following these steps, you can ensure that your rocking recliner stays in place, no matter how much you move around in it.
Also Read: How To Restuff Recliner Footrest?
Tips for using locking mechanism on your rocking recliner
Following are the tips that you should keep in mind while using the locking mechanism on your rocking recliner chair:
- Always make sure that the mechanism is locked before sitting on the chair.
- Avoid sitting on the edge of the chair as it can put unnecessary strain on the mechanism.
- Do not try to rock the chair without first unlocking the mechanism.
- When getting up from the chair, make sure to lock the mechanism before standing up.
- Never try to force the chair to rock when the mechanism is locked. This can damage both the chair and the mechanism.
- Always check that the mechanism is unlocked before folding the chair for storage.
- Make sure to lubricate the mechanism regularly to keep it in good working condition.
- Do not use the chair if the locking mechanism is not working properly. Contact a professional for repairs if needed.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you get the most out of your rocking recliner chair and avoid damage to it.
Relevant Topic: Why My Recliner Won’t Stay Reclined?
FAQs – Stop Recliner From Rocking
How do I keep my rocking chair from moving?
There are a few things you can do to keep your rocking chair from moving. You can put rubber stoppers on the feet of the chair, or you can place the chair on a rug.
You can also weigh down the base of the chair with sandbags or other heavy objects.
Can you lock a glider recliner?
Yes, you can lock a glider recliner. There are special locks that are designed for this purpose and can be easily installed on most models of gliders.
This will ensure that the glider stays in the reclined position and does not accidentally move into the upright position.
How do you make a rocking chair safe?
There are a few things you can do to make a rocking chair safe:
- Use padding or cushions on any sharp edges.
- Make sure the rockers are evenly balanced.
- Check that the chair is stable and not wobbling.
- Use non-slip mats or pads under the feet of the chair.
- Inspect the chair regularly for any damage or wear and tear.
- Keep the chair clean and free of debris.
following these tips should help you keep your rocking chair safe and in good condition.
Regular maintenance and inspection are important to ensure that the chair remains safe to use. If you have any concerns, consult a professional for advice.
You May Read: Why Recliner Make A Clunking Noise?
Recliners are often a popular piece of furniture in many homes, but they can be difficult to lock into place when you want them to stay still.
Although it is possible to lock a rocking recliner, it’s not always easy. If you’re having trouble locking your rocking recliner, try one of the methods described in this article. If those don’t work, contact the manufacturer for assistance.
About The Author
Dr. Patricia is a healthcare consultant and a Chiropractors at the American health association department. She loves writing about physical therapy & health improvement tips. And She always suggest top rated products for better health ergonomics.