Do you have an office chair that smells terrible? Whether it’s because of a spilled coffee or a forgotten lunch, the smell can be pretty unpleasant. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to get rid of the smell and make your chair smell fresh again. Keep reading to find out more!
Cleaning an office chair can be a daunting task, but with the right steps, it doesn’t have to be.
There are a few different ways to clean office chair smell, so you can choose the one that works best for you. Whether your chair is made of fabric or plastic, here are some tips on how to make it smell fresh again.
What Causes of smell in office chair & how to identify them?
There are a few different things that can cause your office chair to smell bad.
The most common culprit is spilled food or drinks. If you’ve ever accidentally spilled coffee on your chair, then you know how quickly it can start to stink.
Other causes of office chair smell include sweaty clothing, pet hair, and even dust mites.
If you’re not sure what’s causing the smell, take a look at the affected area. If there’s a stain, the spill is likely the cause of the odor.
If there isn’t a stain but the area looks dirty, it could be due to sweat or pet hair. And if the area is clean but still smells bad, it’s probably dust mites.
You May Read: Buying Guide about Best Chairs for Buttock Pain
How to Clean Office Chair Smells?
Once you’ve identified the cause of the smell, you can start working on getting rid of it.
- If the cause is a spill, the first thing you’ll want to do is clean up the mess. If it’s a liquid, soak up as much of it as possible with a paper towel. If it’s solid, scrape it off with a spoon or your fingers. Once you’ve removed as much of the spill as possible, blot the area with a clean cloth dipped in warm water. This will help to remove any lingering odor.
- If the cause of the smell is sweat or pet hair, you’ll need to do a little bit of deep cleaning. Start by vacuuming the area to remove any hair or debris. Then, use a fabric cleaner or upholstery to clean the fabric of your chair. If you have a plastic chair, you can clean it with mild soap and water solution.
- For dust mites, the best way to get rid of them is to vacuum regularly. Vacuuming will help to remove any mites that are already in your chair as well as prevent new ones from coming in. You can also try using a dust mite spray or powder to help keep them away.
2 Best Ways to Remove Office Chair Odor/Smell
If you’re looking for ways to clean office chair smell, there are a few different options. You can choose the one that works best for you depending on the severity of the odor and the cause.
Steps to Clean Office Chair Smell through Baking Soda
Here are detailed steps wise procedures to clean office chair smell by using baking soda.
- First of all, take a vacuum cleaner and clean the office chair thoroughly. This will help to remove any dirt or dust particles that may be present on the surface of the chair.
- Next, sprinkle some baking soda on the affected areas of the chair.
- Let the baking soda sit on the chair for a few hours so that it can absorb the bad odor.
- After a few hours, vacuum the baking soda off the chair.
- Finally, use a fabric cleaner or upholstery cleaner to clean the chair and help remove any lingering odors.
Steps to Clean Office Chair Smell through Vinegar
- First of all, take a clean cloth and soak it in white vinegar.
- Wring out the cloth so that it is damp but not wet.
- Rub the cloth over the affected areas of the chair.
- Let the vinegar sit on the chair for a few hours to help remove the bad odor.
- Finally, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the vinegar and any lingering odors.
How to clean a foam chair?
There are a few different ways that you can clean a foam chair, depending on the type of foam and the severity of the dirt or stains. For light dirt or stains, you can simply use a vacuum cleaner to remove them.
If the dirt or stains are more stubborn, you can try using a mild soap and water solution.
- Simply mix a small amount of soap with some water and use a soft cloth to lightly scrub the affected areas.
- For deeper cleaning, you may need to use a stronger cleaning solution.
- You can try using a commercial upholstery cleaner or spot cleaner. Simply follow the directions on the product and be sure to test it in a small area first to make sure it does not damage the foam.
- Once you have cleaned the chair, be sure to dry it completely before using it again. If possible, try to allow it to air dry in a well-ventilated area.
By following these tips, you can keep your foam chair clean and fresh.
Did You Know: How To Clean Office Chair Wheels Easily?
Preventing Tips for Office Chair Smells
The best way to deal with office chair smells is to prevent them from happening in the first place. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Avoid eating or drinking in your chair.
- If you do spill something, clean it up immediately.
- Vacuum regularly to remove dust mites and other debris.
- Use a fabric cleaner or upholstery cleaner on your chair periodically.
- Keep your chair in a well-ventilated area.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your chair smelling fresh and clean.
So, how to clean office chair smell?
- You can start by using a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt or debris from the crevices of the chair.
- Next, use a disinfectant such as bleach or alcohol to kill any bacteria that may be causing the smell.
- Finally, use a deodorizer such as Febreze to get rid of any lingering smells.
Office chair smells can be eliminated with a few simple tricks. By following the tips in this blog post, you can rid your office chair of any unwanted scents and keep it smelling fresh.
Have you tried any of these methods for getting rid of office chair smell?
About The Author
Dr. Patricia is a healthcare consultant and a Chiropractors at the American health association department. She loves writing about physical therapy & health improvement tips. And She always suggest top rated products for better health ergonomics.